My Guide Website?
From Zanzibar: Half-Day Prison Island Tour40 Reviews
Explore the rich culture and history of Zanzibar with a visit to Prison island by dhow. See the large tortoises that inhabit the island, and enjoy the opportunity to snorkel off the coast. Admire the stunning landscape as you swim with colorful fish.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Tanzania:If youʻre booking your trip to Tanzania last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Prison Island: Private Half-Day Tour
- Zanzibar: North Coast and Turtle Sanctuary Tour
- Maasai village visit and chemka hot-springs with hot lunch
- Arusha: 3-Day Safari to Tarangire, Ngorongoro & Lake Manyara
- Zanzibar: Parasailing Experience with Instructor
- Discover Prison Island and meet the tortoises that live there
- Enjoy the water taxi ride to the island by traditional dhow
- Snorkel in the crystal clear water off the island’ coastline
DescriptionVisit Prison Island on a private 3-hour tour, and discover the rich history and beautiful natural surroundings of this location. Meet your guide in Zanzibar, or select the option including hotel pickup, then enjoy the ride to the island on a traditional dhow. Learn how this small island gained its name and explore the place that is now home to more than 50 tortoises, some over 100 years old. Feed the tortoises and take up-close pictures with them, as you keep a look out for the peacocks and antelope that also live there. After discovering the island and its history, take the opportunity to snorkel in the clear waters off the coast amongst tropical fish and colorful coral. At the end of your tour, return to Zanzibar, where you’ll be dropped off in the city center, or at your hotel.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off (if option selected) Boat transfer Entrance fee Local Guide Snorkeling equipment Drinking water
- This tour is not recommended for people with limited mobility.
- Snorkeling is optional.