Best Campsites in Tanzania
Local Recommendations from our My Guide Tanzania team
In Tanzania there are campsites situated in or near most major towns and in most national parks and game reserves. Prices range from US$5 per night to more than double for campsites close to the national parks.
All parks and game reserves have campsites designated as either 'public' or 'special'. Most campsites in the parks cost at least US$30 per person per night and offer from the most basic facilities to reasonable ablutions with running water. Please note that camping is not allowed in Zanzibar!
Book Top Experiences and Tours in Tanzania:If youʻre booking your trip to Tanzania last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Prison Island: Private Half-Day Tour
- Zanzibar: North Coast and Turtle Sanctuary Tour
- Maasai village visit and chemka hot-springs with hot lunch
- Arusha: 3-Day Safari to Tarangire, Ngorongoro & Lake Manyara
- Zanzibar: Parasailing Experience with Instructor