My Guide Website?
Zanzibar: Jozani Forest National Park and Dolphin Encounter44 Reviews
Gear up for the experience of a lifetime. Swim with Zanzibar dolphins in their natural habitat. Visit the only national park in Zanzibar and the home to the most popular indigenous monkey, red colobus.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Tanzania:If youʻre booking your trip to Tanzania last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Prison Island: Private Half-Day Tour
- Zanzibar: North Coast and Turtle Sanctuary Tour
- Maasai village visit and chemka hot-springs with hot lunch
- Arusha: 3-Day Safari to Tarangire, Ngorongoro & Lake Manyara
- Zanzibar: Parasailing Experience with Instructor
- Enjoy a special opportunity to swim with, or to spot dolphins
- Get an up-close view of indigenous monkeys
- Discover a real jungle in Zanzibar
- Feast on a Swahili table buffet
DescriptionBegin your experience early, as the morning is the best time to spot dolphins. Start in the Matemwe fishing village, which is one of the oldest capitals on Zanzibar Island. While looking out for dolphins, dive in to snorkel among the wonderful coral reef and the variety of colorful fish and marine creatures. If the dolphins are in a good mood, you can witness them goofing around. As you will be in their natural habitat, there is no guarantee you'll have the chance to swim with the dolphins; your guide will do their best to ensure they are comfortable so you can enjoy their beautiful energy, whether up close or from a distance. The trip to Zanzibar Jozani Forest national park involves a visit to the high, dense groundwater forest. Home to the red colobus monkey, a rare species only found in Zanzibar, take the opportunity to get up close to the wild animals. Other animals within the park include blue monkeys, elephant shrews, and bushbabies. Proceed then to the mangrove, through which the conservation authority has built a bridge to allow visitors to observe the wildlife without trampling on it. Next, stop at a local restaurant for a Swahili table buffet lunch. Before heading back to your hotel, make a short stop at the community project, Zanzibar Butterfly Center. Even though the site is not so big, it is a lovely place to relax and enjoy the moment before ending your experience.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off All entrance fees Lunch Local guide Drinking water
- • Please note that there is no guarantee of a dolphin encounter. You will be taken to the spots where they are often seen and your guide will do their best to ensure you have a fun experience. Guests must respect that this is the dolphins' natural habitat, and that safety must always be the top priority.