My Guide Website?
Stone Town: Stone Town and Prison Island Private Day Trip67 Reviews
See the most fascinating historical sites in Stone Town and Prison Island. After diving into the local history, dive into the beautiful waters alongside giant tortoises and colorful fish.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Walking on narrows streets of Stone Town to see the local life
- Visit Lloyd Mathew's monument
DescriptionSee the National Museum of Zanzibar (rebuilt in 1883) and the Arab fort while passing along bazaar streets towards the famous Freddie Mercury house. See the old slave market, fruit market, and spice market — don’t miss the classic Zanzibar curved doors decorating the stone town. After you have explored Stone Town, you’ll have an opportunity to take a short break before heading to Prison Island. Prison Island is also known as Changuu Island, the nickname came from the island being used by some sultans of Zanzibar to detain enslaved people. While you are on this island, you can swim and take pictures with giant tortoises.
IncludesPickup and drop-off from your hotel Entrance fees Transport waiting charge Experienced professional tour guide Taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees
- Please keep in mind that the first portion of your tour you will be walking, it is recommended to wear comfortable shoes and bring water
- The second portion of your tour you will have the opportunity to swim and relax on the beach
- Bring swimwear and a snack