Ruaha Hilltop Lodge
Ruaha Hilltop Lodge is built on the side of Ideremle Mountain with panoramic views overlooking the valley and nearby Ruaha National Park. Within the vicinity of the lodge premises there are an abundance of various types of birds, wild flowers, butterflies and trees. Sometimes guests can catch a glimpse of baboons, elephants, giraffe and kudu not far from the lodge.
The reception, dining room and bar are all located under one roof, with a verandah to enjoy the spectacular African sunrises and sunsets.
Experienced Tanzanian chefs provide both continental and local cuisine, using deliciously fresh meats and vegetables from nearby Iringa. All the bread served with meals is homemade. The bar is well stocked and also serves fresh juice.
Guests can enjoy the following activities:
* Exploring local Hehe tribal villages and culture (bicycles available)
* Bird watching
* Visits from local people who offer information on different aspects of local life and culture
* Visits to Maasai bomas to watch displays of traditional dancing
* Walking safaris inside the park
* Mountain hiking to the lderemle volcanic caves
* Tours of Iringa (a German colonial settlement a century ago)
* Trips to the Ismila Stone Age site
* Visit to the Mufindi tea plantations
* Visit to lake Nyasa
* Game drive into Ruaha National Park
The lodge also helps local people, providing and funding to expand a village school and other activities. We actively support a young single mothers association in Iringa, buying their craft products and helping to market them.
P.O. Box 2026, Iringa, Ruaha-National-ParkView Larger Map
Best For Whom
- All Ages
Best For What
- Off The Beaten Path