My Guide Website?
Zanzibar City: Prison Island and Stone Town Walking Tour.
Take a boat to Prison Island and feed the local tortoises and peacocks. Enjoy a walking tour of Stone Town and visit the Darajani local market, House of Wonder, and the Freddy Mercury House.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Tanzania:If youʻre booking your trip to Tanzania last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- ✓Discover the history of the tortoise population.
- ✓Enjoy a beauiful boat ride to and from Zanzibar city.
- ✓Explore the prison that once housed rebellious slaves in the 1800s.
- ✓Admire the beauty of the city and visit historical attractions.
- ✓Learn the Swahili culture during the walking tour in Stone Town.
DescriptionFull Description. Ride by boat to Prison Island, famous for its population of Aldabra giant tortoises. Experience the turtles up close and spot the local peacocks. Move along to a walking tour of Stone Town and learn the Swahili culture and its important historical role in the slave trade. Begin with a beautiful boat ride to Prison Island, also known as Changuu Island. View the local wildlife and learn of the slave rebellion that occurred in the 1860s. Start the walking tour of Stone Town at Forodhani Park. Explore the area and visit important sites such as the House of Wonder, Old Fort, the house of Freddy Mercury, and end at the Darajani market before returning to the city.
IncludesServices of an English speaking guide Bottled water. Boat to Prison Island. Darajani market visit. Stone Town walking tour. Entrance fees for the former slave market site. All government taxes and levies.
- ✓All visitors must pass through airport-style security. ✓This tour will take place rain or shine.