My Guide Website?
Serengeti National Park: Balloon Safari at Dawn5 Reviews
Discover one of the most famous national parks in the world and an important area of biodiversity during a hot air balloon safari over the Serengeti. Marvel at the dawn colors and wildlife during the flight before enjoying a delicious outdoor breakfast.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Tanzania:If youʻre booking your trip to Tanzania last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Take a once-in-a-lifetime balloon flight at dawn over the Serengeti
- Enjoy a delicious bush breakfast served after the flight
- Toast the flight with a glass of bubbly
- Soak up the breathtaking views of the Ngorongoro Highlands
DescriptionWake up before the birds and head out from your camp in the Serengeti in the silence of the pre-dawn towards the balloon launch site. Then, listen as your pilot takes you through an important safety briefing as the sky begins to lighten and the crew inflates the balloon. Climb into the basket and prepare to lift up into the dawn skies. Marvel as the balloon climbs through the layers of air until you're high enough to see the curve of the horizon, painted gold and pink by the early sun. Your pilot has years of experience in harnessing the African wind as well as interpreting the wildlife below. After around 1 hour, the basket will return to the plains of the Serengeti. Each flight is a different journey dictated by the direction of the wind, so the landing point will be unknown - this is all part of the adventure. When you land, toast the flight with a glass of bubbly. Then, be whisked off in a safari car towards the special Serengeti breakfast spot. Enjoy a delicious breakfast served under the sweeping canopy of an acacia tree in the middle of the Serengeti plains. Savor tropical fruit, freshly-baked bread baked, and eggs cooked in the bush. The food will be made more delicious by the location and served on linen, bone china and Sheffield cutlery in an 'Out of Africa' style. Eat shoulder to shoulder with your fellow passengers, as you absorb the memories of the exceptional flight you’ve just been a part of.
IncludesEarly pickup from your camp or lodge Transfer to the launch site for a sunrise take-off 1-hour hot air balloon flight Champagne toast on landing Full English breakfast
- • Passengers must be able to bend their knees, hold on to rope handles with both hands for take-off and landing and be able to climb into and out of the basket
- Passengers weighing more than 120kgs / 265lbs / 19 stone may be charged for 2 places
- It can be cool in the early morning, but often warm later, therefore please bring a jacket or sweater that can be removed later
- A hat is recommended as radiant heat from the burners can be uncomfortable
- Please wear long trousers, long sleeves, preferably in natural fibers and stout shoes
- Don’t forget your camera and binoculars
- You can bring a camera bag or a small backpack with you in the balloon