My Guide Website?
Nungwi Village Tour with Lunch and Optional Sunset Cruise2 Reviews
Discover how locals live their everyday lives, visit Mnarani Aquarium, and enjoy a Swahili lunch. Take an optional cruise at sunset on a traditional dhow boat.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Tanzania:If youʻre booking your trip to Tanzania last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Take a tour guided by a local villager to experience everyday life on the island
- Visit Mnarani Aquarium and spot sea turtles
- Enjoy a delicious local Swahili lunch
- Opt to take a sunset cruise in a traditional, locally made dhow boat
DescriptionDiscover Nungwi Village and its natural beauty at the northern end of the Tanzanian island of Unguja, familiarly known as Zanzibar. Immerse yourself in the history and culture of the people wth a local guide and learn about what the village is doing for nature conservation. Start the tour with being picked up from your hotel and make your way to your first stop, Mnarani Aquarium. See green and hawksbill sea turtles, sheltered in the tidal lagoon of the Mnarani Marine Turtle Conservation Pond. Off the coast, there are coral reefs teeming with colorful fish including Hunga and Leven Bank. Then, take in the beauty of the wide, palm-lined Nungwi Beach. Visit a nearby boat-building yard where traditional dhow boats are built. See how these local boats are made from scratch. For lunch, sit down to a delicious Swahili meal and try local flavors. Choose the sunset cruise option to experience riding in a traditional dhow. End your day tour with sailing out from Kendwa and see the unmissable Zanzibar sunset.
IncludesGuide Entrance to Mnarani Aquarium Swahili lunch Hotel pickup and drop-off Sunset cruise (if option selected)
- • Please wear modest clothing that covers your shoulders and knees
- This experience is led by a local guide from the village, and all the activities are planned to benefit the village and nature conservation